We are currently organizing « Ultra Mirage el Djerid » the first 100km//20 hours canyons & Salt Pan Ultra Trail Run in the Tunisian desert.
This international extreme sport event has already reached more than 50 registered international ultra runners, which is great for a new born event in our region.
The Race is backed by : International Association of Ultra Runners, Tunisian Athletics Federation, Association Tunisienne d’Ultra Marathon.
UMED 100K FAQ
- Ultra Mirage El Djerid – UMED100
- 100km race across the largest salt pan of the Sahara Desert – Chott El Jerid
- When: 7th October
- Where: Tozeur, Tunisia, North Africa
- Distance: 100km single stage
- Category: trail run
- Runners: all runners welcome (16 minimum age)
- Timing: 20h max time to finish the race
- Check Points: 20k, 15k, 15k, 20k, 15k, finish
- Terrain: 10km road , 20km sand, 70km salt pan (approximate)
- Weather: expect a dry hot weather with temperature between 22-32C
- Essentials: runners expect to carry a limited amount of safety equipments as well as nutrition. Water will be provided at checkpoints
For further information on this event please visit www.ultramirage.com