The North Face Ultra Trail de Mont Blanc is actually a series of races that take place through the week. The Mont Blanc race itself is one the most spectacular ultra events in the world and according to the entrants list theres 29 US ultrarunners, including Scott Jurek, making the trip and over 120 runners from the UK.
– UTMB ®: about 166 km and 9 400 m of vertical gain – 46 h max
Starts Friday 28 August at 18:30 in Chamonix Mont-Blanc
– CCC ®: about 98 km and 5 600 m of vertical gain – 26 h max
Starting Friday, August 28th at 10:00 from the center of Courmayeur (Italy)
– In the Footsteps of the Dukes of Savoy: approx. 105km and 6700m elevation gain
Departure Saturday, August 29th at 5:00 central Chamonix Mont-Blanc
– La Petite Trotte to Leon – starts Tuesday August 25 to 26 from the center of Chamonix Mont-Blanc
Non-competitive event for teams of 3 people
– Team of three stay together from the start to the finish.
– Limited to 60 teams
– Course is about 245 km with approximately 21,000 metres of climb.
– Course featured on a map made available to each team.
– 950% mountain and Nature course .
– Start during the night of 25th of August
– Cutoff: final arrival on Sunday 30th August at 4:30pm)
– Provide own support but has refreshment and rest in the different refuges passed through.
Follow the events with live tracking @ www.ultratrailmb.com