THE TRACK Outback Race
THE inaugural TRACK Outback Race – a 590 km foot multiday race with 9 stages recently concluded. Runners have a roadbook and make their own way individually or as a team (minimum 3 people). Each competitor carries his/her own backpack containing food, sleeping gear and gear.
This stage race takes place in the heart of the Northern Territory, between Alice Springs and the National Park of Uluru – Kata Tjuta and finishes near Uluru (Ayers Rock).
This ultramarathon was won by Frenchman Christophe Le Saux in 46h33’19’ and the first Lady was Ana Sebastian in 76h52’32’, 11th overall. There were 23 starters and 17 finishers.
1. Le Saux Christophe (France) – 46h33’19”
2. Calvo Redondo Salvador (Spain) – 48h00’31”
3. Cohen Andrew (Australia) – 53h23’05”
1. Sebastian Vendrell Ana (Spain) – 76h52’32”
2. Alexi Susanne (Germany) – 421km*
3. Hye Jin Kim (South Korrea) – 4O4km*
Full results of the The Track Outback Stage Race available as a pdf
THE TRACK Outback Race website