William Sichel currently the UK’s leading multiday runner is having a great race in Evreux and according to his blog which is being updated at frequent intervals has set a number of age group records. His site lists these as new standards:
* M55 Scottish Indoor Track 12hr Record
* M55 GB Indoor Track 12hr Record
* M55 World Indoor Track 12hr Record
* M55 Scottish 100 mile Indoor Track Record
* and possibly the M55 GB 100 Mile Indoor Track Record (we don’t have access to a figure at present).
The race results page is refreshed occasionally and as I write, theres about 6 hours to go and William has 295 km and is in second place behind Frenchman Christophe Laborie, 322 km.
Earlier, Clarks sponsored Heather Foundling Hawker ran just over 200kms in 24 hours – less than a week after running 145 km at the No Finish Line 24 hour in Monaco. This qualifies Heather to run at the Commonwealth 24 hour championships in 2011 and also the world 24 hour championships.
Photo is of Heather completing 200 km taken by Alan Young.
Updated race results: www.ultraindoornormand.com