In 2006 Race director Stefan Samuelsson organised the first gax 100 mile race in Ystad, southern Sweden along a trail with half of the run being along the coast on sand.
In 2007 a 50 mile race was added and the numbers gradually increased to 9 for the 50 miler and 32 for the 100 miler in 2009.
With this level of support, Stefan has proposed a new event in 2010, The Gax Trans Scania – a 246 km, 153 mile trail race.
- The race will begin and end in Södervärnstornet in central Malmö, southern Sweden with a time limit of 60 hours
- No aid stations but, according to the details on the website, there are places along the way for water and something to eat.
- Race will take place 6th-8th of August 2010
- Limited to 16 runners – is almost full.
- Qualification race for Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc (4 credits) and Spartathlon
Contact Stefan Samuelsson: (stefanphonsavan at hotmail.com)