The Self-Transcendence 24 Hour Tooting Bec 2010 took place beginning mid-day Saturday 25 September with a full field of 40 runners. Dry conditions and not-too cold temperatures helped 17 runners break the 100 mile mark with Ray Willett making the grade with seconds to spare.
Sweden’s Reima Hartikanen who ran 102 miles for 24th place in 2009 returned to do battle this year with a much improved Paul Ferndez and the lead changed hands several times throughout the night with the Swede finally pulling away and finishing with 129 miles.
1. Reima Hartikanen 129m 807yds (208.344 km)
2. Paul Fernadez 126m 1732y (204.362 km)
3. Mark Bissel 122m 1333y (197.559 km)
1. Monique Hollinshead 104m 408y (167.848 km)
2. Penny Darmody 102m 1152y (165.207 km)
3. Vicki Hart 100m 960y (161.813 km)