La Transtica is a free pace multiday trail stage race, with a prologue and 5 daily points of supply, assistance and bivouac for a total distance from 120 (Adventure) to 196 kms (Extreme).La Transtica is first of all a human and sports adventure.
The main objective of the X trail race LA TRANSTICA in Costa Rica is to discover the country and its way of life and to share this experience with the locals through a sporting competition with humanitarian goals.
La Transtica coast to coast
From the beach of Manuel Antonio up to Puerto Viejo de Limon; A true human and sports adventure. The change of scene is total; the runners are plunged into the deep heart of Costa Rica far from tourist standards.
- Type: Ultra Trail in 5 stages.
- Date: From November 21st evening to December 1st, 2012.
- Place: Costa Rica.
- Region: Costa Rica crossing from east to west, from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean coast through the mountains and jungle of the Central valley.
- Distance: 120 km or 196 km. 2 Courses:
- Extreme race: from 30 to 40 km per day with a total positive difference in level of 6 800 m.
- (Qualifying 3 points for the UTMB)
- Adventure race: from 20 to 30 km per day with a total positive difference in level of 3 800m.
- Competitors: 50 max for 2012
- Rate: 1490 Euros.