Sri Chinmoy 700 mile Race
The 700 mile race was part of the Sri Chinmoy Ultra Trio. A challenging set of races that tested a runners capacity.
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team offered one of the world's most unique and difficult endurance events, the Self-Transcendence Ultra Trio. Taking place over 19 days the event encompassed three races comprising 700 miles, 1000 miles and 1300 miles.
- Race used a one mile loop, in a style known as 'go as you please' in Flushing Meadow, Queens New York.
- Runners must use patience, perseverance and common sense, often running close to injury and foregoing sleep in order to attain their daily miles.
- All services are provided trackside, including food, medical assistance, showers and lapcounting.
- The competitors sleep in tents and share the road for up to 20 hours a day. The 700 mile race requires a mere 58 miles per day - the smallest of the three events.!
- Self-Transcendence 700 mile race
- Course: 1 mile loop of asphalt paths and park roads
- RD: Rupantar LaRusso
- Last held in 2004
- Sahishnu Szczesiul - History of the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team Ultra Trio (2004)