Sharon Gayter is one of the world’s top ultra distance runners. Born in Cambridge in 1964 Sharon is currently based in Guisborough, North Yorkshire, England. Sharon began her running career in her early twenties.
Some Career highlights
- On 15th September 2006, Sharon Gayter broke the Guinness World Record by running from Land’s End to John O’Groats - 837 miles in 12 days, 16 hours and 22 minutes and 3 seconds.
- In 2009, Sharon ran 140 miles (226km) to win the Commonwealth Championships gold medal.
- In 2011 in Athens at the Athens International Ultra Festival Sharon set a new British 6 day road record of 750 km.
- Won Hardmoors 110 4th overall in 2011
- In December 2011 Sharon set a new female world record for 7 days on a treadmill and beat Lee Chamberlains previous best by 79 km.
In 2010 Sharon published her autobiography: The Clock Keeps Ticking