24 The Hard Way
24 The Hard Way is one of two 24 hour races that take place simultaneously at Bluff Creek in Oklahoma City, OK.
Athletes have a choice of a 24, 12 or 6-hour race on either a relatively flat asphalt trail or on a slightly technical trail equipped with dirt, rocks, roots, tree branches and depending on the weather, maybe a little mud. Both trails will be measured and that distance will be multiplied by the total number of laps a runner completes to give total mileage.
- 24 THE HARD WAY: USAT&F Sanctioned and Certified course will be approximately one mile in length and run on the new asphalt trail on the west side of Bluff Creek. It is a relatively flat course with a few gentle rollers.
- DOUBLE DIRTY DOZEN: This course will be approximately two-mile in length and run on the unpaved trails of Bluff Creek. This primarily single track trail has a lot of quick ups-and-downs and is challenging with its roots, rocks, tree branches and depending on the weather, a little water and mud.
- 9:00 a.m. - 24-Hour Races Start Sunday, October 27, 2013
- 9:00 a.m. - 24-Hour Races End
- There is no race-day registration
- Online Registration closes on October, 23, 2013.
- Mail In registration available: 24 The Hard Way: 2817 Shady Tree Lane, Edmond OK 73013
- There will be breakfast Sunday, October 27 to feed all hungry runners.
USATF Championship Race : Awards for Overall, + age category in 5 year increments 40-44 thru 75-79 Prize Money Overall Category Male & Female 1st $1000 2nd $750 3rd $250 OPEN RACE Awards will presented to the top Male and Female,Open and Masters . $1000 PRIZE MONEY added for the OPEN RACE
- Bluff Creek is located just north of Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City (right below the dam) at the intersection of W. Hefner Road and N. Meridian Ave.
Parking is provided at the race site in a newly paved parking lot.
There will be one aid station located on the course. The aid station will have the usual ultra fare, including sweet and salty snacks, hot soup, noodles, water, Heed, soda. We will also have grilled cheese sandwiches, and similar items.
Pacers and Crews
Pacers are not allowed. If you want to run with someone we ask that you sign up for an event.Crews are allowed and can crew anywhere on the course as long as they do not hinder other runners.
The race will be electronically/chip timed and the results provided on-line shortly after the conclusion of the event.