The term Journey runner refers to people who undertake a long journey for personal reasons and not commercial though are often fund raisers for particular charities such as Paula Duncans recent hike along the Great Divide.
Planning a run
- Bruce Johnson 2010
- Bruce Johnson crossing the USA from Feb 1st 2005
- Paul Staso has completed a solo run across the United States between June 23 and October, 20, 2006
- Jonathan George Williams Run Willy Run is the site of this 26 year old living his dream.
- Matt and Brandon are ran/walkedg across the USA. Run Across The USA Youthful
- John Wallace III Westport, WA to Tybee Island, GA Approx. 3800 miles. Read Johns newsletter on this site
- Nick Baldock Ran across the US to raise money for theJosie Russel Trust
- Matt Chico and his wife Laura finish bike/run across the USA
- Dave and Scott traveled 3,150 miles on foot from Sea Bright, NJ to Florence, OR
- Steven Vaught walked across the U.S. "to lose weight and regain my life!" The FAT MAN WALKING.com
- Bjorn Suneson ran from Chicago to New Orleans starting 7th July 2005 Updates on this site
- Phil Rosenstein US Transcon runer
- Richard Bottram
- Karl Bushby
- Dean Karnazes various challenges including running across the USA
- Rosie Swale-Pope Welsh lady who ran around the world on her own.
- Paula Duncan has finished solo-hiking 1200km of the Great Divide Trail from the Canada-USA border at Waterton (in Alberta), to Kakwa Lake Provincial Park (in British Columbia) raising money for Child Haven International
- David Horton Set new record on the Pacific Crest Trail
- Sue Norwood ran the 2175 miles of the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine
- Bobbys Run Bob Brown is running from The Portugese Atlantic to the Russian border
- Serge Girard Frenchman running from Tokyo to Paris starting 18th December, 2005. A journey of 19300 km and taking an scheduled 276 days.
- Achim Heukemes, the great German Runner has crossed Australia in 43 days and change. Set new record.
- Jesper Olsen Bidding to be the first authenticated runner to circle the globe. Updates on this site
- World Harmony Run Global relay Running 11,000 miles in 4 months in the US and 8 months 45 countries in Europe plus Anzac, Canadian, Russian legs.